Explore Nova Scotia
Sand, sea and stunning views
Nova Scotia juts off the edge of Canada into the Atlantic Ocean, giving it more than its fair share of coastline. The capital Halifax has a ton of history, culture and, uh, shwarma to keep you going while the road trip wonderland of Cape Breton will wow you again and again.
Nova Scotia is known for
What People Love About This Province
- The port city of Halifax
- Driving along the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island, one of the country's best road trips
- Traditional lobster suppers, bibs and all
- Rich history at Annapolis Royal and the Fortress of Louisbourg
Did You Know?
- No point in Nova Scotia is more than 60 km from the ocean
- Nova Scotia is latin for New Scotland
- The Bluenose, a schooner from Nova Scotia memorialized on the Canadian dime, was undefeated in races for 17 years
Related Offers & Discounts
Tap into HI's huge network of discounts the moment you get your membership card. You can keep saving while you travel and long after you get back.