Explore Prince Edward Island
A small island with a big heart
PEI is Canada's smallest province, a tiny island in the Maritimes with a population under 150,000. Windswept red-sand beaches stretch around the island and life moves at a bit of a slower pace. Explore the landscapes that inspired the Anne of Green Gables stories and enjoy the arts and culture of Charlottetown.
PEI is known for
What People Love About This Province
- It's the home of Anne of Green Gables
- Long, red-sand beaches that you sometimes get all to yourself
- Confederation Trail, for walking or cycling, runs the entire length of the island
- Top notch restaurants, theatre and shops in Charlottetown
Did You Know?
- The stories of Anne of Green Gables took place in Prince Edward Island, and you can visit the farmhouse that inspired the books
- Prince Edward Island wasn’t connected to the Canada mainland by bridge until 1997
- Over 6% of Prince Edward Island is dedicated to growing potatoes.
1 hostel in Prince Edward Island
Related Offers & Discounts
Tap into HI's huge network of discounts the moment you get your membership card. You can keep saving while you travel and long after you get back.