Explore Newfoundland & Labrador
Canada's rugged East Coast outpost
On Canada's eastern edge, Newfoundland & Labrador stand guard at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean. Explore fishing villages and catch glimpses of whales, icebergs and wildlife. Newfoundlanders are a warm bunch, and they’re all too happy to make you an honourary Newfoundlander with a good old-fashioned screech-in at a legendary kitchen party.
Newfoundland & Labrador is known for
What People Love About This Province
- Active fishing villages and lifestyles that harken back to older times
- Rugged coastline cliffs dotted with lighthouses
- The Newfie twang
- The colourful houses of St. John's (aka Jellybean Row)
- Incredible seafood fresh from the ocean
Did You Know?
- Newfoundland has its own time zone -- 30 minutes ahead of the mainland
- Newfoundland didn't join the rest of Canada until 1949
- Both Newfoundland and Labrador have dog breeds named after them.
3 hostels in Newfoundland and Labrador
Related Offers & Discounts
Tap into HI's huge network of discounts the moment you get your membership card. You can keep saving while you travel and long after you get back.