How to hostel
Times have changed a little bit, eh? We’ve made a lot of changes at our hostels to ensure our guests and staff are safe and comfortable. Hostelling may look and feel a little bit different than it used to, so here’s what you can expect when you stay with us for now.
- Before you arrive, we’ll ask for your check-in information (driver’s license or passport number) via email for each guest over 18.
- We will email you information about the hostel and caboose room before you arrive.
- Office hours have been reduced to: 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- You can call or text us when you arrive (250.675.2977). Staff will meet you out front of the hostel office to direct you.
- Low- or no-touch payment options are available and encouraged.
- All high-touch surfaces will be frequently disinfected, including payment terminals and key cards.
- We’ll ask to collect or confirm your phone number and email address, to be used for contact tracing purposes if necessary.
- We may also ask you a few questions about symptoms and travel history. Guests experiencing Covid-19 symptoms will not be accommodated. We also cannot accommodate travellers subject to mandatory quarantine requirements or those who have arrived in Canada within the previous 14 days.
Your Private Caboose
- Each caboose is available for one single group (of up to 6) at a time.
- Each caboose has its own kitchen and toilet.
- Your bedding will be waiting for you on your bed. They’ve been freshly washed in hot water. Please leave these items on your bed when it’s time to check-out.
- There will be no housekeeping in private cabooses during your stay.
- Each caboose will be supplied with its own cleaning and disinfection supplies.
- Please wash your dishes, drinkware, cutlery and cookware following posted signs using soapy water to wash, bleach water to sterilize, then air dry.
- Rooms will be left vacant for three hours after guests check-out, to ensure the safety of our staff and arriving guests. Each room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between guests.
- Single-use and decorative items have been removed from the room.
- Each caboose will be assigned a shower stall to use exclusively for your group.
- Our outdoor kitchen will be closed for individual guest use.
- This area will still be used for the hostel breakfast, which is prepared by staff. Breakfast is served between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- Please be mindful of posted signage and staff instruction around the use of these spaces.
- These spaces will be cleaned and disinfected frequently, with an emphasis on high-touch surfaces.
Around the Hostel
- Hostel games, such as badminton and board games, aren’t available for now. Groups are welcome to bring their own indoor and outdoor games.
- Each caboose will have its own BBQ, picnic table and four outdoor chairs for your exclusive use. Guests are welcome to bring their own camping chairs.
- Campfires are allowed but proper social distancing is to be maintained.
- There is a wharf for hostel guest to use with designated furniture but social distances must be maintained.
- The canoe can be signed out for free but it depends on weather, availability and cleaning schedule. Guest can text or call front desk to reserve during office hours.
Our Grocery Store
- Order online to have groceries brought to your caboose kitchen before you arrive.
- We’re here for you! If ever you have any questions about how things work, we’re happy to help. Please feel free to call or text us at 250.675.2977 during office hours.
- We’ve undergone additional training to ensure we’re able to enforce the measures laid out above.
- We do a self-health assessment before each shift to ensure we’re symptom-free.
- We’ll wear masks, gloves and other PPE where necessary and appropriate.
- We maintain our own physical distance from one another wherever possible.