What we're doing to keep you safe
Times have changed a little bit, eh? We’ve made a lot of changes at our hostels to ensure our guests and staff are safe and comfortable. Hostelling may look and feel a little bit different than it used to, so here’s what you can expect when you stay with us for now.
- You’ll find clear signage and floor instructions around safe physical distancing measures. We ask that any individuals not travelling together maintain a two-metre distance from others, including staff, wherever possible, no matter where you are in the hostel.
- We have plexiglass barriers at front desk
- We support the use of face masks where distancing isn’t possible. We have some available for a small fee at the front desk.
- Low- or no-touch payment options are available and encouraged.
- All high-touch surfaces will be frequently disinfected, including payment terminals and key cards.
- We’ll ask to collect or confirm your phone number and email address, to be used for contact tracing purposes if necessary.
- We may also ask you a few questions about symptoms and travel history. Guests experiencing Covid-19 symptoms will not be accommodated.
- You’ll receive a check-in slip with your assigned room and bed (if you’re in a shared room) and more helpful info about the hostel.
Your Dorm Room
- Capacity in our shared rooms has been reduced by half so there will only be one person in each bottom bunk, unless you’re travelling as a group and the only occupants in the room, in which case you can use all of the beds.
- Your bedding and towel will be waiting for you on your bed. They’ve been freshly washed in hot water. Please leave these items on your bed when it’s time to check-out.
- Dorm guests must leave the room between 11 am and 3 pm every day, unless all guests in the room are travelling together
- Our housekeeping team will only access shared rooms upon a guest’s check-out.
- Single-use items have been removed from all rooms.
Your Private Room
(including private dorms)
- Your bed will be made for you upon arrival. Rest assured that all bedding and towels are washed at high temperatures between guests.
- There will be no housekeeping in private rooms during your stay.
- Rooms will be left vacant for three hours after guests check-out, to ensure the safety of our staff and arriving guests. Each room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between guests.
- Single-use and decorative items have been removed from the room.
Around the Hostel
- Masks are mandatory in shared spaces, such as the lobby or the dining room, as per the Government of Ontario regulations
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed in key areas of our hostels.
- You’ll find signage indicating our reduced maximum occupancy posted near all common areas, including reading rooms, coworking space and dining area.
- Some furniture may have been moved or removed to facilitate physical distancing measures (which don’t apply to individuals travelling in a group).
- Please be mindful of posted signage and staff instruction around the use of these spaces.
- These spaces will be cleaned and disinfected frequently, with an emphasis on high-touch surfaces.
- Hostel games, such as the pool table, aren’t available for now. Group activities like pub crawls and walking tours have been temporarily suspended.
- The kitchen is temporarily closed.
- We’re here for you! If ever you have any questions about how things work, we’re happy to help.
- We’ve undergone additional training to ensure we’re able to enforce the measures laid out above.
- We do a self-health assessment before each shift to ensure we’re symptom-free.
- We’ll wear masks, gloves and other PPE where necessary and appropriate.
- We maintain our own physical distance from one another wherever possible.