How to hostel in 2020
Times have changed a little bit, eh? We’ve made a lot of changes at our hostels to ensure our guests and staff are safe and comfortable. Hostelling may look and feel a little bit different than it used to, so here’s what you can expect when you stay with us for now.
Physical Distancing & Barriers
- We have reorganized the hostel so that everyone can maintain a distance of two metres and we’ve added signage to remind you, too.
- Our common areas have occupancy limits and our staff will ensure they are not exceeded.
- Dormitories are limited to a maximum of two single travellers per room.
- Our staff will be behind plexiglass or wearing a mask whenever you speak with them.
- You can now check-in online which allows you to read and acknowledge our guest agreement without needing a signature
- Our team will be behind plexiglass
- Your towels and sheets are washed in hot water and then left on your bed for when you arrive
- Your keys are disinfected before they are given to you
- We will not be accepting cash payments
- We have enhanced our cleaning procedures to ensure that all high contact surfaces are disinfected twice daily
- We are using Canadian government-approved cleaning products that we know will kill viruses
- Hand washing and sanitizing stations are available throughout the hostel
- We will not enter a room until three hours after check-out upon which we will disinfect it thoroughly
- We have removed hard to clean items such as lamps and magazines
- Our staff use the BC Covid-19 Self-Assessment Tool
- Our staff follow strict hand washing procedures.
- No one who has symptoms, has been in contact with someone with symptoms, or has arrived from outside Canada will be permitted to enter the hostel or to quarantine here