What we're doing to keep you safe
Times have changed a little bit, eh? We’ve made a lot of changes at our hostels to ensure our guests and staff are safe and comfortable. Hostelling may look and feel a little bit different than it used to, so here’s what you can expect when you stay with us for now.
Double vaccination proof
- In order to ensure the safety and health of all our travellers, access to the hostel requires double vaccination proof, starting September 1st, 2021.
- Quebec travellers - Proof of double vaccination provided by the Quebec government, which can be presented in three different ways :
- Printed format
- PDF format on your mobile device
- In the application Vaxicode
- Other travellers : Official proof of a double vaccination, along with an identity piece.
- Proof of vaccination will be verified at check-in.
- Don't have these documents? You can cancel or modify your stay, up to 24 hours before your arrival date. Give us a call or send us an email.
- You’ll find clear signage and floor instructions around safe physical distancing measures. We ask that any individuals not travelling together maintain a two-metre distance from others, including staff, wherever possible, no matter where you are in the hostel.
- We have plexiglass barriers at front desk
- We support the use of face masks where distancing isn’t possible. We have some available for a small fee at the front desk.
- Low- or no-touch payment options are available and encouraged.
- All high-touch surfaces will be frequently disinfected, including payment terminals and key cards.
- We’ll ask to collect or confirm your phone number and email address, to be used for contact tracing purposes if necessary.
- We may also ask you a few questions about symptoms and travel history. Guests experiencing Covid-19 symptoms will not be accommodated.
- You’ll receive a check-in slip with your assigned room and bed (if you’re in a shared room) and more helpful info about the hostel.
Your Private Room
(including private dorms)
- Your bed will be made for you upon arrival. Rest assured that all bedding and towels are washed at high temperatures between guests.
- There will be no housekeeping in private rooms during your stay.
- Rooms will be left vacant for three hours after guests check-out, to ensure the safety of our staff and arriving guests. Each room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between guests.
- Single-use and decorative items have been removed from the room.
Around the Hostel
- Masks are mandatory in shared spaces around the hostel, as per the Government of Québec's regulations.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed in key areas of our hostels.
- You’ll find signage indicating our reduced maximum occupancy posted near all common areas, including reading rooms, coworking space and dining area.
- Some furniture may have been moved or removed to facilitate physical distancing measures (which don’t apply to individuals travelling in a group).
- Please be mindful of posted signage and staff instruction around the use of these spaces.
- These spaces will be cleaned and disinfected frequently, with an emphasis on high-touch surfaces.
- Hostel games, such as the pool table, aren’t available for now. Group activities like pub crawls and walking tours have been temporarily suspended.
- The kitchen is temporarily closed.
- We’re here for you! If ever you have any questions about how things work, we’re happy to help.
- We’ve undergone additional training to ensure we’re able to enforce the measures laid out above.
- We do a self-health assessment before each shift to ensure we’re symptom-free.
- We’ll wear masks, gloves and other PPE where necessary and appropriate.
- We maintain our own physical distance from one another wherever possible.