Big cities, small towns and a ton of nature
Ontario is mostly forests and lakes but it's also home to the country's biggest city, Toronto, its capital city, Ottawa, and more than a third of Canada's population. There are HI hostels in some of the best parts—Toronto, Ottawa, Niagara Falls and Algonquin Provincial Park.
Ontario is known for
What People Love About This Province
- Home to Canada's biggest and most diverse city, Toronto, and to Canada's capital, Ottawa
- Amazing tree colours in autumn
- Niagara Falls (Canada side!)
- Endless lakes and forests just beyond the cities
Did You Know?
- Ontario is more than three times the size of Germany
- Babe Ruth hit his first professional home run in Toronto
- According to Ontario law, saying “sorry” is not an admission of guilt
- Ontario is named after Lake Ontario, not the other way around.
4 hostels in Ontario
Related Offers & Discounts
Tap into HI's huge network of discounts the moment you get your membership card. You can keep saving while you travel and long after you get back.
Need More Inspiration?
Oh, and we've got a lot more to say!
Book Your Stay
No fees. No deposit.