Book Your Stay
Book Your Stay
Book Your Stay
No fees. No deposit.
Part-Time Social Media Coordinator
Hostelling International Canada is a not-for-profit hostel operator and unique travel experience curator. With hostels in more than 50 destinations, we strive to provide unique and memorable experiences across the country.
The Part-Time Community Manager is responsible for managing national social media accounts with the aim of promoting hostels across the country and raising brand awareness, as well as providing assistance and guidance to hostel managers in their own social media efforts. We're looking for candidates who understand the essence of backpacking and are able to communicate in words and images the perks of hostelling.
Embrace new challenges
- Assist in enhancing and executing the social media strategy in accordance with HI Canada's brand guidelines and content strategy
- Manage existing Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube accounts on a daily basis;
- Curate, create, organize and schedule engaging content in accordance with the social media strategy and posting guidelines;
- Create, schedule and monitor boosted posts and ads;
- Collect social media stastistics and provide comprehensive reports to the marketing department;
- Be on the constant lookout for social media marketing opportunities & trends, and make relevant recommendations accordingly;
- Develop online relationships with industry influencers;
- Monitor national social media accounts and respond to comments and direct messages in a timely, professional and friendly manner;
- Represent HI Canada’s social media efforts within the international HI community;
- Increase followership and engagement across social media channels;
- Other related duties as required.
We want YOU if you have
- Excellent written communication skills, with friendly, sharp wit, creativity and knack for online chatter;
- Knowledge of French;
- 1-2 years demonstrable experience managing a brand’s social media accounts, preferably in the youth market;
- Previous hostelling experience and/or experience in the tourism or hospitality industry;
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and associated applications (i.e. HootSuite, Later, Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Ad Manager, Google Analytics, Slack, etc.);
- Familiarity with online branding, media and campaign management, cross-channel marketing strategies and social media marketing and advertising;
- Able to work from home with minimal supervision.
Critical success factors
- Post-secondary degree in a marketing or communications related field;
- Technical skills: Google Drive, social media platforms, Later, HootSuite, Photoshop, Slack, Google Analytics;
- Positive attitude and friendly, self-confident nature;
- Strong knowledge of and passion for social media trends and travel influencer communities;
- Ability to work alone but collaborate with teams (via Slack, Workplace and occasionally in person);
- Comfortable working during non-standard business hours, as needed.
- Permanent position
- Part-time (20h/week)
- $17.50 - $20.00/hour (based on experience)
- Based anywhere in Canada
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and a resume in English and French and samples of or links to your previous related work.