Part-Time Community Manager
Hostelling International Canada is a not-for-profit hostel operator and unique travel experience curator. With hostels in more than 50 destinations, we strive to provide unique and memorable experiences across the country.
The part-time Community Manager is responsible for managing national social media accounts with the aim of promoting hostels across the country and raising brand awareness, as well as providing assistance and guidance to hostel managers in their own social media efforts. We're looking for candidates who understand the essence of backpacking and are able to communicate in words and images the perks of hostelling.
Embrace new challenges
- Implement the social media strategy in accordance with HI Canada brand guidelines and content strategy, by managing existing Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube accounts.
- Increase followership and engagement across social media channels
- Curate, organize and schedule content (in-house and third-party) in accordance with the social media strategy and posting guidelines
- Create, schedule and monitor boosted posts and ads
- Collect and analyze social media analytics and statistics and provide comprehensive reports to the marketing department
- Identify social media marketing opportunities & develop online relationships with industry influencers
- Monitor national social media accounts and respond to comments (where necessary) and direct messages in a timely, professional and friendly manner
- Monitor and respond to social media or other online mentions of HI Canada brand
- Monitor social media and online marketing trends and best practices, analyze their impact on HI Canada’s social media strategy and make recommendations
- Represent HI Canada’s social media efforts within the international HI community
- Other related duties as required
We want YOU if you have
- Excellent written and spoken English (French knowledge is an asset)
- 1-2 years demonstrable experience managing a brand’s social media accounts, preferably in the youth and/or travel markets.
- Post-secondary degree in a marketing or communications related field
- Previous hostelling experience and/or experience in the tourism or hospitality industry.
- Previous experience working with, assessing and identifying influencers and content creators.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and associated applications (i.e. HootSuite, Later, Facebook for Business, Facebook Ad Manager, Google Analytics, Slack, etc.)
- Familiarity with online branding, media and campaign management, cross-channel marketing strategies and social media marketing and advertising
- Basic video editing skills an asset
- Ability to work from home with minimal supervision
Critical success factors
- Positive attitude and friendly, self-confident nature
- Excellent written communication skills, with friendly, sharp wit, creativity and knack for online chatter
- Strong knowledge of and passion for social media trends and travel influencer communities
- Ability to work alone but collaborate with teams (via Slack, Workplace and occasionally in person when safe to do so)
- Comfortable working during non-standard business hours, as needed
- Permanent position
- Part-time (16 hours/week)
- Based anywhere in Canada
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, resume and samples of or links to your previous related work.