Maintenance Clerk - Junior
The Maintenance Junior of the Toronto hostel is responsible for all aspects of hostel basic maintenance, and communicates on an ongoing basis with the Maintenance Supervisor. The Maintenance Junior assists the Maintenance Supervisor and management team in ensuring a superior product that will meet the needs of both the customer and HI Toronto standards. He/she is responsible for knowing, understanding, and communicating the company’s policies and procedures. Be part of a great team in a dynamic and flexible environment!
Embrace new challenges:
- Maintain and when necessary repair all of the infrastructure systems (heating, plumbing, air circulation, electrical, basic carpentry and painting) of the building as required
- Ensure a functional facility at all times in areas of Building Maintenance; Health & Safety; Emergency Procedures; Emergency Lights and Building Access
- Be an active member and leader of the hostels Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Implementation and follow-up of regular inspections involving all maintenance and cleaning of the facility
- Ensure ongoing communication with Maintenance Supervisor via use of reports, email, and staff meetings
- Proactively evaluate and ensure building maintenance is running smoothly through use of the maintenance log and communication with the Managers and the Front Desk Associates
- Complete all preventative maintenance tasks on time and document
- Provide feedback regarding customer complaints, suggestions, staff concerns, safety issues etc. to the manager in an immediate fashion
- Participate in long-term strategic planning and assisting the Maintenance Supervisor with capital project planning, implementation and weekly supervisory meetings.
We want YOU if you have:
- Basic plumbing, carpentry, painting, drywall and electrical experience
- The ability to communicate effectively (oral and written)
- The ability to understand and implement building maintenance
- The ability to remain composed during high-pressure situations
- Skills in time management and organization techniques
- The ability to develop and maintain an effective filing system
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- The ability to manage time, prioritize, and multi-task
- The ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
Critical success factor:
- Positive attitude and friendly, self-confident nature
- Patience to deal calmly with continual demands of management
- Ability to make quick, appropriate decisions
- Alert mind with an attention to detail
- Physically fit to perform job without injury
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that sometimes requires long hours, evening, weekends, and public holidays.
Working with us will include:
- Starting at 17$/hour
- Retirement savings plan*
- A great team in a flexible environment
- Paid continuing education*
- The organization of work may vary according to the tourist season.
- Previous maintenance experience in a commercial facility
- Any experience in a professional field is an asset
- Any experience in the hospitality field is an asset
- Any experience in basic plumbing, carpentry, painting, drywall and electrical is an asset.
If you think you're just the person we're looking for, then please send us your resume and cover letter today! (Please note this site uses pop-up windows)