HI Banff Alpine Centre
HI Banff Alpine Centre
Come join our team at the hostel - a great backpacker's vibe with staff from around the world to work and play with. Killer access to stay in all 13 of our Mountain Park hostels this summer, for FREE along with a mountain bike fleet and camping gear to use whenever you'd like. You HAVE to experience Banff - join us!
We're looking for a supervisor to lead our Housekeeping Team.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that the hostel is kept clean and hygienic and ensuring coordination, cooperation & guest-first orientation between all departments. The Housekeeping Supervisor leads their team to ensure that the department is organized, efficient, and effective.
Embrace new challenges
- Ensuring Housekeeping Department works as a team to maintain the interior cleanliness of the hostel so that it remains a tidy, presentable, and comfortable place to all that come through its doors
- Performs room inspections and spends time in direct housekeeping service delivery
- Works closely with Assistant General Manager to ensure rooms are ready for check-in
- Oversees the cleaning of all guestrooms to ensure efficiency and that they are ready for the next guest
- Administering performance and compensation reviews as needed
- Assists with strategic development & implementation of improvements the Housekeeping Department
- Recruiting, hiring, and training of staff
- Scheduling department staff and submitting payroll information
- Ordering and maintaining supplies
- Other related duties as required
We want YOU if you have
- Previous Housekeeping experience
- Supervisor or experience leading a team is an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong Organization and Communication skills
- A passion for making work fun and thrive on efficiency
- First Aid Certificate and WHMIS training an asset
Working with US will include
- This position is available in May/June, exact date to be determined. Time for training with current Housekeeping Supervisor is available.
- On site accommodation is available, provided as a taxable benefit
- The starting salary for the position is $34,000-$37-000, commensurate on experience
- A comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- 6% vacation entitlement
- Eligibility to enroll in our groups retirement savings plan
- Spend your time in an awesome town with great people.
Become Part of the Team
Please submit cover letter and resume as soon as possible.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately.