vote and win!
1. WHAT IS THE PRIZE TO BE WON?
Participants at the VOTE
- (a) The prize is one (1) HI-Canada LIFE MEMBERSHIP CARD AND two (2) FREE NIGHTS IN A PRIVATE ROOM at any HI hostel in Canada.
- (b) Total approximate Retail Value of each prize is maximum $500.00 Canadian, excluding applicable taxes. Actual value of Prize will depend on the chosen hostel. Winner is not entitled to monetary difference between actual prize value and stated approximate prize value, if any.
- c) The winner and his / her travel companion are responsible for all other expenses.
- (d) The prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted for another prize, exchanged in whole or in part for cash, and cannot be resold. HI-Canada reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize, or, at its sole discretion, the value of the prize in cash, in the event that a stated prize is unavailable due to reasons beyond its control. HI-Canada will not be responsible if weather conditions, trip cancellations or other factors beyond its control prevent a prize or part of a prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, the winner will not be provided with a substitute prize or cash equivalent.
- (e) The prize must be claimed and fully utilized before March 31st, 2016. Based on availabilities. Reservation required.
HI-Canada Partner Finalists
- (a) The award recipient will get a plaque and a free three (3) month banner on the HI-C website. The other finalists will each receive a free one (1) month banner on HI-C's website.
- (b) The Partner of the Year Award will be bestowed to the winner of the on-line vote. The final list will be placed on HI-C's website no later than May 17/15 and the voting will take place between May 18/15 and May 31/15.
- (c) To protect the other Partners involved in this process and to keep the suspense until the presentation this award will be decided by secret ballot.
- d) This award is to show HI-Canada's appreciation to those who share our values and assist us in our continued success. It recognizes the many ways in which HI-Canada receives valuable support through the lens of the Difference text (www.hihostels.ca/the.difference.we.make) which embodies how the organization wants to affect the world, and encourages and supports our partners to do the same. Nominations are accepted from regions or HI-C.
The criteria which the partner must meet to be considered by the HI-Canada Board are:
- Provide enriching travel experiences for all, especially the young, that go beyond tourism to changing lives.
- Facilitate access to national and international travel regardless of economic, social, age, or cultural differences.
- Foster respect for Canada's unique identity, diverse cultural heritage, and environmental resources.
- Inspire and empower travellers/members and associations to connect with and contribute to their chosen communities.
- Reflect a global view through programs, affiliations, and cultural exchanges between people and places.
- Contribute to and promote a strong and influential social economy.
HI-Canada recognizes the importance of our community of travelers and embraces the technology of our culture. HI-C members will vote on the national website from a pre-selected list of finalists based on the following 5 criteria:
1. Provide enriching experiences for all, especially the young, to seek life-long learning about the diverse peoples and places;
2. Facilitate access to travel geographically, through local programs and opportunities, or to those least able to afford it;
3. Adding value to the local community through shared use of physical and program assets and contributions to the success of other non-profit coalitions/organizations;
4. Minimize the negative impact it has on the earth and its residents;
5. Communication tools ensure personal connections and a global community of travelers are maintained.
2. WHO CAN ENTER?
- (a) The voting process opens on May 18, 2015 at 12:01 PM (EDT) and closes on May 31st, 2015 at 11:59 PM (EDT).
- (b) The contest is open to all Canadian residents of the age of majority in the province in which they reside. You are not eligible to enter if you are an employee, representative or agent of Hostelling International - Canada ("HI-Canada"), its affiliates, its advertising and promotional agencies or the prize suppliers, or a member of the immediate family or household of any of the above persons. In these rules, "immediate family" means spouse (including same-sex partner), father, mother, brothers, sisters, sons and daughters.
- (c) Maximum one vote per person.
- (d) No purchase necessary; maximum one no-purchase entry per person.
3. HOW TO ENTER?
- (a) By invitation through email from HI-Canada or by following the links provided on www.hihostels.ca website or HI-Canada regional e-newsletters.
- All you need is to complete the VOTE form found online for members, or non-members respectively.
- (b) No purchase necessary:
To obtain an entry form without purchase, you should follow the link to the voting form and complete the process with the following information:
(a) Your name
(c) Email address
(d) Your response to the following question:
Do you want to receive e-newsletter from HI-Canada?
Eligible entries received in this manner will be entered into the draw, with the same chance of winning as membership entries.
4. THE DRAW
- (a) The draw will take place on June 3, 2015 at 4:00 PM (EDT) at HI-Canada at 20 James Street, Suite 301 Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 0T6.
- (b) To be eligible for the draw, the online voting must be completed between May 18 and May 31st, no later than 11:59 PM (EDT).
- (c) The odds of winning depend on the number of valid votes received.
5. HOW IS THE PRIZE WON IN THE DRAW?
- (a) If the eligible person cannot be contacted within seventy-two (72) hours of the draw, or the eligible person does not correctly completed the voting form, the eligible entry first selected will be invalidated and the prize will be awarded to an alternate entrant as described below.
- (b) If the prize is to be awarded to an alternate entrant a subsequent entry will be selected within seven (7) days following the original draw at the same place and time as the original draw and the process outlined in this section will continue until a winner is declared.
- (a) Before being declared a winner, the eligible person (and his / her travel companion) will be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a Liability / Publicity Release releasing HI-Canada, its affiliates, its advertising and promotional agencies and the prize suppliers, the affiliates of the foregoing and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, owners, partners, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Releases") from any liability in connection with or arising out of this Contest. Declaration and Release documents must be returned and received by HI-Canada, 20 James Street, Suite 301, Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 0T6, within three (3) business days of the notification date indicated on the documents, unless another date is stipulated in the documents, otherwise, the prize will be forfeited.
- (b) The winner of the draw must make arrangements for the collection of his/her prize through HI-Canada within 30 days of HI-Canada's receipt of the Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and the Liability / Publicity Release.
- (c) By submitting an entry in this contest, entrants agree to abide by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of HI-Canada with respect to all aspects of the contest, which are final and binding.
- (d) By submitting an entry in this contest, each winner consents to the use of his / her name and / or photograph and / or likeness and / or voice and / or video footage without remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by HI-Canada, its affiliates, its advertising and promotional agencies and the prize suppliers and to release and agree to hold HI-Canada, its advertising and promotional agencies and the prize suppliers harmless from any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities arising out of this contest or the prize awarded hereunder.
- (e) HI-Canada and its affiliates do not assume any responsibility with respect to on-line entries for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. If, for any reason, the online contest is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering or infection by computer virus, the contest sponsor at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel the online portion of the contest and conduct the drawings from all other previously received eligible entries. HI-Canada and its affiliates shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the contest, including any damage to an entrant's computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this contest.
- (f) All electronic entry forms are subject to verification by contest organizers. Incomplete or fraudulent entry forms will automatically be rejected and will be deemed to be prize-ineligible. In such case, organizers will proceed to a new selection as per these rules. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an on-line entry form, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winners may be requested to provide HI-Canada with proof that they are the authorized account holder of an e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- (g) All decisions of HI-Canada are final and binding. All entries become the permanent property of HI-Canada and will not be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected eligible entry participants and prize winners.
- (h) This contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial, Municipal and local laws and regulations. The contest is void where prohibited by law.
- (i) Contest organizers reserve the right, at their discretion, to alter, cancel, terminate or suspend this contest in its entirety.
- (j) Governing Law. By entering this contest, you hereby agree that this contest and your rights shall be governed in all respects by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and you irrevocably attorney to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario.
- (k) HI-Canada respects your right to privacy. We will only use the information you provide on the entry form to conduct the contest unless you have otherwise authorized us to add your personal information to our e-mailing list in order to provide you with future communications as indicated on the online questionnaire unless you are a winner, in which case clause 6(d) is specifically applicable.
- (l) The award and draw winners' names will be posted on HI-Canada's web-site at www.hihostels.ca within seven (7) days of a winner being declared in the draw.